Sunday, November 15, 2009

Starting the War and Revolution

My classroom on a daily basis from the cubby corner. This is from sitting at my table and it's hard to see what all my stinkers are up to!

Kitchen and puzzle center on a daily basis.

"The Book"- Children, when they need to move their clip, have to write why their clip was moved and sign the book. It makes a great record of when each child's clip was moved and why when the parents ask!


The behavior chart.... I've been in a clip moving mood.


This is one of the two "back doors" that I have. On each side of my classroom, there is a door connecting my classroom with the two other kindergarten rooms on either side. I do not like being in the middle classroom because teachers and staff use it as a path between the rooms. This creates massive interruptions for my students and myself as well as makes it hard to stay on task. I've tried to see about locking the doors, but apparently doing that is against the fire code.


My itty-bitty desk. May I once again reiterate that a clean desk is a sign of a sick mind? I really try my best but by the end of the day, I've somehow created many piles of "stuff". Now the question is, how do I dig myself out....?



The other side of my classroom. You can see our bathroom, the hallway door, and four work tables squished together. The bookcases that enclose the carpet are front and center as well (Blue baskets are on top of them!). I feel that this causes a lot of problems with the students- there is no room for them to work and they're all squished together!

The carpet, my rocking chair, and teacher work table/center. The sand table is right behind me, and so are the sink and cubbies which makes for another tight work area.

_________________________________________________________

The day has come for the big 'O' in my classroom.... organization. I'll be honest- I'm horrid at organizing and planning in advance. My children always know where my coffee cup is because I constantly set it down. My aide always has a clue where that 'one important paper I just had' is, and I'm always frazzled. My desk is a mess. My centers are unorganized. My students can never find anything new to try because centers are just not set up practically (My boys head for the blocks and the girls for the home center.). To be honest, my classroom is a wreck and this week is going a war and a revolution.

2 comments:

  1. I love your photos- what a great visual (and it does not look as disorganized as you claim). I love the initiative you are taking to get things in order- I think you have the kids helping you with this right? Let us know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it sad when I can say that I did 'tidy' for the pictures??

    ReplyDelete